We can learn a lot from each other. And everyone knows something and can say, show and teach all the other about it. Learning and teaching are always exchange and interaction processes. We want to create a communal space where we can learn and teach. It’s a big and important project, but we can split it in several easy steps, so we can achieve fast exceptional results:
1. Gather together and identify which are the most important future skills, knowledge and professions. In my opinion these lie in the intersection between nature, agriculture, cuisine, energy, culture, arts, handicrafts, literature, spirituality, health, education, tradition, innovation and of course people.
2. Start with a small group of people and identify who knows what
3. Make a plan when and where to meet in order to exchange the knowledge.
4. Invite guests and new members and create hubs of interested people.
5. Try to have people with different knowledge, skills and backgrounds in the groups.
Have you ever heard about the profession landscape guide? Or about trend researcher? Or about biography consultant? These are all existing professions. An there are many more like this. Many of them are very interesting for the future and it is definitely a good time investment to learn more about them in the free time. Many of the classical jobs and professions are going to disappear and this will happen faster than we think. A lot of people with good, but inflexible education will have no work or at least not the work they want to have. That’s why it is very important to start know to think about how you can develop further your soft skills, how to learn new skills for the future and to obtain new qualifications.
In order to build a sustainable society, we have to reinvent many old professions and to create new ones. Generalist skills for the everyday life and survival are going to be very important. My friends and I are preparing the foundations for a total sustainable community. Not only new ways of thinking, but also new skills, education methods and professions will be needed. One of our big projects is to create a teaching and learning centre for sustainable professions and skills. We will need a lot of people with such skills who can teach the others and learn from them. People with different backgrounds and ideas! Everyone is welcome to join us and take part of the shaping of the future.
What is freedom? When do we feel free? Do we need to be free in order to be happy and to fulfil our dreams? Or do we have to feel happy and to fulfil our dreams in order to be free. I think that the freedom is an inner feeling. If we have our own inner freedom, we’ll have the will to feel and be free in the society. Here there are some nice thoughts about freedom:
1. We want to feel free. We feel free when we are independent. But to be independent means that you have to work hard to survive. That’s why a lot of people tend to prefer not to be independent and do not feel free. Being an employee I have this feeling sometimes. I give up my freedom in order to have less work to do and to have fewer problems. All employees are more or less dependent, event too dependent. If you want to stay employee, you have to learn how to be less dependent and how to cope with the freedom you may have later.
2. If there are some boundaries and restrictions in the society, you don’t have always to take them seriously and to let them discourage you. We have to understand, that there could be a better society where we do not have to give up so much freedom.
3. If you want to be free, you’d better accept that it is a continuous process and you don’t know what we’ll be the result of it. It is even possible that you have first to give up some freedom. You have to strive for freedom with all your passion and will, every moment. Аt the same time you had to be humble and patient.
4. We often are too lazy to be free. We just prefer to stick to some artificial boundaries we’ve created on our own. We limit ourselves and then struggle for freedom between the walls we’ve built. Typical examples are our wishes, houses, cars and all other stuff we have. The biggest limitations are our own thoughts. Everything starts from the thoughts.
5. To be free means not to be afraid. If you are afraid, you can’t be free. I’ve observed many times how I was afraid and my freedom vanished instantly. When we are afraid we make bad decisions that allow no freedom. I observed it so many times with other people. There is a lot of anxiety in the society. For example, in the western societies there is always the anxiety to to lose the wealth we have and to become poor. We are afraid and we prefer to lose our freedom and our happiness. And then we do not feel our prosperity at all. And if you start to feel poor, you’re definitely going to be poor. It’s a devil’s circle.
Even really green cities in Germany with a lot or parks, wood and green are not really nature and people friendly. Especially for kids and old people, they are even dangerous. And it is really not so complicated to change this – just consider the following simple ideas:
1. City centre cars free
2. Make green grass lanes for walking on the streets and plant some flowers and trees at every street.
3. Use the roofs of the buildings. These can be used for gardens and food growing and for student rooms. And of course for collecting rain water and producing electricity from the sun, the wind and the difference of the temperature between the building and the air.
4. Put a beehive in every garden and seed a lot of colourful flowers.
5. Use the walls of the buildings to create hanging gardens and produce our own food.
If we just let our creativity fly, we can create even better ideas and change our cities completely.
I’ve just created my own donation campaign for SOS Kinderdörfer: https://www.meine-spendenaktion.de/Aktion/GiveKidsLove It was really easy to do this webpage, because SOS Kinderdörfer gave everyone the possibility to be active. Of course you can start your own from scratch. But the existing one is a good start. I think that you can not only collect a big amount of money for a good purpose, but also to significantly improve your “delivering” skills. Every business needs two components in order to be successful – to “create” and to “deliver”. If you feel not so comfortable in delivering, you can start to collect donations and thus deliver money for a good purpose.